1. The word of Yahweh came to me in these terms,
2. "Turn towards the people of the Ammonites and prophesy against them.
3. Say to them on my behalf: This is what Yahweh says: Because you mocked when my sanctuary was profaned, when the land of Israel was laid waste and the Judeans were exiled,
4. I am giving you over to the people of the East as their possession; they will pitch their camps and settle among you. They will eat your fruit and drink your milk.
5. I will turn Rabbah into a pasture for camels and the towns of the Ammonites into a sheepfold and you will know that I am Yahweh."
6. Thus says Yahweh: "Because you clapped your hands and stamped your feet and danced for joy with an evil heart against the land of Israel,
7. I will stretch out my hand against you and hand you over as plunder to the nations. I will cut you off from the nations; no longer will you be numbered among them. I will destroy you and you will know I am Yahweh."
8. Thus says Yahweh, "Because Moab said: 'Judah is like all the other nations,'
9. I will leave Moab unprotected and destroy the towns which are her glory: Beth Jeshimoth, Baal Meon, Kiriathaim.
10. I will give Moab along with the Ammonites as a possession to the people of the East so that the Ammonites will not be remembered among the nations.
11. When I will punish Moab, they will know I am Yahweh."
12. Word of Yahweh, "Because Edom took revenge on Judah and was guilty in so doing, this is what
13. Yahweh says: I will stretch out my hand against Edom, destroying men and animals. I will make it a ruins from Teman and let them be slain as far as Dedan.
14. I will put Israel in charge of my revenge against Edom. They will deal with Edom according to my wrath and my fury and Edom will experience my revenge" - word of Yahweh.
15. Word of Yahweh, "Because the Philistines have taken revenge with an evil heart and because of their ceaseless hatred, thus says Yahweh:
16. I intend to stretch out my hand against the Philistines; I will cut off the Kerethites and destroy the rest of the coast.
17. I will take terrible revenge and punish them in my wrath - then they will know I am Yahweh."