1. God blessed Noah and his sons and he said to them, "Be fruitful, multiply and fill the earth.
2. Fear and dread of you will be in all the animals of the earth and in all the birds of the air, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. They are given to you.
3. Everything that moves and lives shall be food for you; as I gave you the green plants, I have now given you everything.
4. Only you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is its blood.
5. But I will also demand a reckoning for your lifeblood. I will demand it from every animal; and from man, too, I will demand a reckoning for the life of his fellow man.
6. He who sheds the blood of man shall have his blood shed by man; for in the image of God has God made man.
7. As for you, be fruitful and increase. Abound on the earth and be master of it."
8. God spoke to Noah and his son,
9. "See I am making a covenant with you and with your descendants after you;
10. also with every living animal with you: birds, cattle, that is, with every living creature of the earth that came out of the ark.
11. I establish my covenant with you. Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood, and never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth."
12. God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I make between me and you, and every animal living with you for all future generations.
13. I set my bow in the clouds and it will be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.
14. When I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds,
15. I will remember the covenant between me and you and every kind of living creature, so that never again will floodwaters destroy all flesh.
16. When the rainbow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of every kind that exists on the earth."
17. God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant I have made between me and all that has life on the earth."
18. The sons of Noah who came out of the ark were Shem, Ham and Japheth. Ham is the ancestor of Canaan.
19. These were Noah's three sons and from them the whole earth was peopled.
20. Noah, a man of the soil, set about planting a vineyard.
21. He drank the wine, became drunk, and lay uncovered in the middle of his tent.
22. When Ham, Canaan's ancestor, saw his father's nakedness, he told his two brothers outside the tent.
23. But Shem and Japheth took a cloak, put it on their shoulders, the two of them, then walked backwards and covered their father's nakedness. Their faces were turned away and they did not see their father's nakedness.
24. When Noah awoke from his wine he knew what his youngest son had done to him.
25. And he said, "Cursed be Canaan! He shall be his brothers' meanest slave!"
26. He then added: "Blessed be Yahweh, God of Shem, let Canaan be his slave!
27. May God extend (the territory of) Japheth, and may he live in the tents of Shem! And may Canaan be his slave!"
28. Noah lived three hundred and fifty years after the flood.
29. In all Noah lived for nine hundred and fifty years. Then he died.