1. On the third day there was a marriage at Cana in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there;
2. Jesus also was invited to the marriage, with his disciples.
3. When the wine failed, the mother of Jesus said to him, "They have no wine."
4. And Jesus said to her, "O woman, what have you to do with me? My hour has not yet come."
5. His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."
6. Now six stone jars were standing there, for the Jewish rites of purification, each holding twenty or thirty gallons.
7. Jesus said to them, "Fill the jars with water." And they filled them up to the brim.
8. He said to them, "Now draw some out, and take it to the steward of the feast." So they took it.
9. When the steward of the feast tasted the water now become wine, and did not know where it came from (though the servants who had drawn the water knew), the steward of the feast called the bridegroom
10. and said to him, "Every man serves the good wine first; and when men have drunk freely, then the poor wine; but you have kept the good wine until now."
11. This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested his glory; and his disciples believed in him.
12. After this he went down to Caper'na-um, with his mother and his brothers and his disciples; and there they stayed for a few days.
13. The Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
14. In the temple he found those who were selling oxen and sheep and pigeons, and the money-changers at their business.
15. And making a whip of cords, he drove them all, with the sheep and oxen, out of the temple; and he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables.
16. And he told those who sold the pigeons, "Take these things away; you shall not make my Father's house a house of trade."
17. His disciples remembered that it was written, "Zeal for thy house will consume me."
18. The Jews then said to him, "What sign have you to show us for doing this?"
19. Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."
20. The Jews then said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will you raise it up in three days?"
21. But he spoke of the temple of his body.
22. When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this; and they believed the scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.
23. Now when he was in Jerusalem at the Passover feast, many believed in his name when they saw the signs which he did;
24. but Jesus did not trust himself to them,
25. because he knew all men and needed no one to bear witness of man; for he himself knew what was in man.