1 Peter, 5
1. So I exhort the presbyters among you, as a fellow presbyter and witness to the sufferings of Christ and one who has a share in the glory to be revealed.
2. Tend the flock of God in your midst, (overseeing) not by constraint but willingly, as God would have it, not for shameful profit but eagerly.
3. Do not lord it over those assigned to you, but be examples to the flock.
4. And when the chief Shepherd is revealed, you will receive the unfading crown of glory.
5. Likewise, you younger members, be subject to the presbyters. And all of you, clothe yourselves with humility in your dealings with one another, for: "God opposes the proud but bestows favor on the humble."
6. So humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.
7. Cast all your worries upon him because he cares for you.
8. Be sober and vigilant. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for (someone) to devour.
9. Resist him, steadfast in faith, knowing that your fellow believers throughout the world undergo the same sufferings.
10. The God of all grace who called you to his eternal glory through Christ (Jesus) will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you after you have suffered a little.
11. To him be dominion forever. Amen.
12. I write you this briefly through Silvanus, whom I consider a faithful brother, exhorting you and testifying that this is the true grace of God. Remain firm in it.
13. The chosen one at Babylon sends you greeting, as does Mark, my son.
14. Greet one another with a loving kiss. Peace to all of you who are in Christ.