1. Let mutual love continue.
2. Do not neglect hospitality, for through it some have unknowingly entertained angels.
3. Be mindful of prisoners as if sharing their imprisonment, and of the ill-treated as of yourselves, for you also are in the body.
4. Let marriage be honored among all and the marriage bed be kept undefiled, for God will judge the immoral and adulterers.
5. Let your life be free from love of money but be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never forsake you or abandon you."
6. Thus we may say with confidence: "The Lord is my helper, (and) I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?"
7. Remember your leaders who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.
8. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
9. Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teaching. It is good to have our hearts strengthened by grace and not by foods, which do not benefit those who live by them.
10. We have an altar from which those who serve the tabernacle have no right to eat.
11. The bodies of the animals whose blood the high priest brings into the sanctuary as a sin offering are burned outside the camp.
12. Therefore, Jesus also suffered outside the gate, to consecrate the people by his own blood.
13. Let us then go to him outside the camp, bearing the reproach that he bore.
14. For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the one that is to come.
15. Through him (then) let us continually offer God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of lips that confess his name.
16. Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have; God is pleased by sacrifices of that kind.
17. Obey your leaders and defer to them, for they keep watch over you and will have to give an account, that they may fulfill their task with joy and not with sorrow, for that would be of no advantage to you.
18. Pray for us, for we are confident that we have a clear conscience, wishing to act rightly in every respect.
19. I especially ask for your prayers that I may be restored to you very soon.
20. May the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep by the blood of the eternal covenant, Jesus our Lord,
21. furnish you with all that is good, that you may do his will. May he carry out in you what is pleasing to him through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever (and ever). Amen.
22. Brothers, I ask you to bear with this message of encouragement, for I have written to you rather briefly.
23. I must let you know that our brother Timothy has been set free. If he comes soon, I shall see you together with him.
24. Greetings to all your leaders and to all the holy ones. Those from Italy send you greetings.
25. Grace be with all of you.