1. Often have they fought against me from my youth, let Israel now say.
2. Often have they fought against me from my youth: but they could not prevail over me.
3. The wicked have wrought upon my back: they have lengthened their iniquity.
4. The Lord who is just will cut the necks of sinners:
5. let them all be confounded and turned back that hate Sion.
6. Let them be as grass on the tops of houses: which withered before it be plucked up:
7. Wherewith the mower filleth not his hand: nor he that gathereth sheaves his bosom.
8. And they that have passed by have not said: The blessing of the Lord be upon you: we have blessed you in the name of the Lord.