1. Why have the Gentiles raged, and the people devised vain things?
2. The kings of the earth stood up, and the princes met together, against the Lord and against his Christ.
3. Let us break their bonds asunder: and let us cast away their yoke from us.
4. He that dwelleth in heaven shall laugh at them: and the Lord shall deride them.
5. Then shall he speak to them in his anger, and trouble them in his rage.
6. But I am appointed king by him over Sion his holy mountain, preaching his commandment.
7. The Lord hath said to me: Thou art my son, this day have I begotten thee.
8. Ask of me, and I will give thee the Gentiles for thy inheritance, and the utmost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9. Thou shalt rule them with a rod of iron, and shalt break them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10. And now, O ye kings, understand: receive instruction, you that judge the earth.
11. Serve ye the Lord with fear: and rejoice unto him with trembling.
12. Embrace discipline, lest at any time the Lord be angry, and you perish from the just way.
13. When his wrath shall be kindled in a short time, blessed are all they that trust in him.