1. Unto the end, a psalm for David himself.
2. Blessed is he that understandeth concerning the needy and the poor : the Lord will deliver him in the evil day.
3. The Lord preserve him and give him life, and make him blessed upon the earth : and deliver him not up to the will of his enemies.
4. The Lord help him on his bed of sorrow : thou hast turned all his couch in his sickness.
5. I said: O Lord, be thou merciful to me : heal my soul, for I have sinned against thee.
6. My enemies have spoken evils against me: when shall he die and his name perish?
7. And if he came in to see me, he spoke vain things : his heart gathered together iniquity to itself. He went out and spoke to the same purpose.
8. All my enemies whispered together against me : they devised evils to me.
9. They determined against me an unjust word : shall he that sleepeth rise again no more?
10. For even the man of peace, in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, hath greatly supplanted me.
11. But thou, O Lord, have mercy on me, and raise me up again : and I will requite them.
12. By this I know, that thou hast had a good will for me : because my enemy shall not rejoice over me.
13. But thou hast upheld me by reason of my innocence : and hast established me in thy sight for ever.
14. Blessed by the Lord the God of Israel from eternity to eternity. So be it. So be it.