1. And I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, a man with a measuring line in his hand!
2. Then I said, "Where are you going?" And he said to me, "To measure Jerusalem, to see what is its breadth and what is its length."
3. And behold, the angel who talked with me came forward, and another angel came forward to meet him,
4. and said to him, "Run, say to that young man, `Jerusalem shall be inhabited as villages without walls, because of the multitude of men and cattle in it.
5. For I will be to her a wall of fire round about, says the LORD, and I will be the glory within her.'"
6. Ho! ho! Flee from the land of the north, says the LORD; for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heavens, says the LORD.
7. Ho! Escape to Zion, you who dwell with the daughter of Babylon.
8. For thus said the LORD of hosts, after his glory sent me to the nations who plundered you, for he who touches you touches the apple of his eye:
9. "Behold, I will shake my hand over them, and they shall become plunder for those who served them. Then you will know that the LORD of hosts has sent me.
10. Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion; for lo, I come and I will dwell in the midst of you, says the LORD.
11. And many nations shall join themselves to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people; and I will dwell in the midst of you, and you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent me to you.
12. And the LORD will inherit Judah as his portion in the holy land, and will again choose Jerusalem."
13. Be silent, all flesh, before the LORD; for he has roused himself from his holy dwelling.