1. He took me into the Sanctuary and measured its door pillars: six cubits deep on the one side, six cubits deep on the other.
2. The width of the entrance was ten cubits. The walls on each side of the entrance were five cubits on the one side and five cubits on the other. He measured its length: forty cubits; and its width: twenty cubits.
3. He went in and measured the door pillars at the entrance: two cubits; then the entrance: six cubits; and the walls on each side of the entrance: seven cubits.
4. He measured its length: twenty cubits; and its width measured across the end wall of the Sanctuary: twenty cubits. He then said to me, "This is the most holy place."
5. He measured the wall of the House: six cubits. The width of the side cells was four cubits, all around the House.
6. The cells were one above the other, thirty of them in three stories.
7. The supports for the surrounding cells were fixed into the House wall, so that the cells were not recessed into the wall of the House. The width of the cells increased, story by story, for they surrounded the House in the stories that went right around it.
8. Then I saw that there was a paved terrace all around the House. The height of this, which formed the base of the side cells, was a full rod of six cubits.
9. The outer wall of the side cells was five cubits thick and the pavement formed a veranda outside the cells of the House.
10. Beyond the rooms was an area twenty cubits wide right around the House.
11. And for access from the side cells onto the courtyard there was one entrance on the north side and one entrance on the south side. The width of the courtyard was five cubits all around.
12. The building to the west of this surrounding area was seventy cubits by ninety cubits, and the wall of the building was five cubits thick, all around.
13. He measured the length of the House: a hundred cubits. The length of the court plus the building and its walls: a hundred cubits.
14. The breadth of the facade of the House with the quadrangle: a hundred cubits.
15. He measured the length of the building plus the surrounding area at the back, plus the side depth of its door: a hundred cubits. The inside of the Sanctuary and the entrance of the court, their thresholds, the window screens, the three sets of doors, one at each threshold,
16. were all paneled with wood, from floor to windows, and the windows were screened with lattice-work.
17. From the door to the inner part of the House, and right around the whole wall of the inner room, outside and inside,
18. were carved cherubs and palm trees, palm trees and cherubs alternating; each cherub had two faces -
19. the face of a man turned toward the palm tree on one side and the face of a lion toward the palm tree on the other, all around the House. The cherubs and palm trees were carved
20. from the floor to above the entrance, as also on the wall of the hall.
21. The pillars of the House were square. In front of the Most Holy Place,
22. there appeared to be a wooden altar, three cubits high and two cubits square. Its corners, base and sides were of wood. He said to me, "This is the table before Yahweh."
23. There was a double door for the Temple, and a double door for the Sanctuary.
24. These doors had two hinged leaves, two leaves for the one door, two leaves for the other.
25. On them, on the doors of the Sanctuary, were carved cherubs and palm trees like those carved on the walls. A wooden screen outside went across the front of the Hall.
26. There were screened windows with flanking palm trees on the walls of the House, and of the cells at the side of the House.