2 Corinthians, 13
1. This will be the third time I have confronted you. Whatever the misdemeanour, the evidence of two or three witnesses is required to sustain a charge.
2. I gave you notice once, and now, though I am not with you, I give notice again, just as when I was with you for a second time, to those who sinned before, and to all others; and it is to this effect, that when I do come next time, I shall have no mercy.
3. Since you are asking for a proof that it is Christ who speaks in me; he is not weak with you but his power is at work among you;
4. for, though it was out of weakness that he was crucified, he is alive now with the power of God. We, too, are weak in him, but with regard to you we shall live with him by the power of God.
5. Put yourselves to the test to make sure you are in the faith. Examine yourselves. Do you not recognise yourselves as people in whom Jesus Christ is present? - unless, that is, you fail the test.
6. But we, as I hope you will come to recognise, do not fail the test.
7. It is our prayer to God that you may do nothing wrong -- not so that we have the credit of passing a test, but because you will be doing what is right, even if we do not pass the test.
8. We have no power to resist the truth; only to further the truth;
9. and we are delighted to be weak if only you are strong. What we ask in our prayers is that you should be made perfect.
10. That is why I am writing this while still far away, so that when I am with you I shall not have to be harsh, with the authority that the Lord has given me, an authority that is for building up and not for breaking down.
11. To end then, brothers, we wish you joy; try to grow perfect; encourage one another; have a common mind and live in peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you.
12. Greet one another with the holy kiss. All God's holy people send you their greetings.
13. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.