1 Peter, 5
1. Therefore, I beg the elders who are among you, as one who is also an elder and a witness of the Passion of Christ, who also shares in that glory which is to be revealed in the future:
2. pasture the flock of God that is among you, providing for it, not as a requirement, but willingly, in accord with God, and not for the sake of tainted profit, but freely,
3. not so as to dominate by means of the clerical state, but so as to be formed into a flock from the heart.
4. And when the Leader of pastors will have appeared, you shall secure an unfading crown of glory.
5. Similarly, young persons, be subject to the elders. And infuse all humility among one another, for God resists the arrogant, but to the humble he gives grace.
6. And so, be humbled under the powerful hand of God, so that he may exalt you in the time of visitation.
7. Cast all your cares upon him, for he takes care of you.
8. Be sober and vigilant. For your adversary, the devil, is like a roaring lion, traveling around and seeking those whom he might devour.
9. Resist him by being strong in faith, being aware that the same passions afflict those who are your brothers in the world.
10. But the God of all grace, who has called us to his eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will himself perfect, confirm, and establish us, after a brief time of suffering.
11. To him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
12. I have written briefly, through Sylvanus, whom I consider to be a faithful brother to you, begging and testifying that this is the true grace of God, in which you have been established.
13. The Church which is in Babylon, elect together with you, greets you, as does my son, Mark.
14. Greet one another with a holy kiss. Grace be to all of you who are in Christ Jesus. Amen.