1. Job answered then:
2. What help have you given to the powerless, what strength to the enfeebled arm?
3. What advice have you offered to the foolish, and what great insight have you shown?
4. Who has inspired in you these words? Whose spirit spoke from your mouth?
5. The shades of the deep are terrified, the waters and their inhabitants tremble.
6. Sheol is naked before God; destruction lies uncovered.
7. Over the void he spreads out the northern skies; over emptiness he suspends the earth.
8. He wraps up the waters in his clouds, yet the clouds do not burst their seams.
9. He covers the face of the moon and spreads his clouds over it.
10. On the face of the waters he draws the horizon as a boundary between light and darkness.
11. The pillars of the heavens quake, stunned at his thunderous rebuke.
12. By his power he stilled the sea; by his wisdom he smote Rahab.
13. By his wind the skies were cleared; his hand pierced the fleeing serpent.
14. These are but hints of his power; a whisper is all that we hear of him. But who can understand the thunder of his might?