1. Unto the end, understanding for the sons of Core.
2. As the hart panteth after the fountains of water; so my soul panteth after thee, O God.
3. My soul hath thirsted after the strong living God; when shall I come and appear before the face of God?
4. My tears have been any bread day and night, whilst it is said to me daily : Where is thy God?
5. These things I remembered, and poured out my soul in me : for I shall go over into the place of the wonderful tabernacle, even to the house of God : With the voice of joy and praise; the noise of one feasting.
6. Why art thou sad, O my soul? and why dost thou trouble me? Hope in God, for I will still give praise to him : the salvation of my countenance,
7. and my God. My soul is troubled within myself : therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan and Hermoniim, from the little hill.
8. Deep calleth on deep, at the noise of thy flood-gates. All thy heights and thy billows have passed over me.
9. In the daytime the Lord hath commanded his mercy; and a canticle to him in the night. With me is prayer to the God of my life.
10. I will say to God : Thou art my support. Why hast thou forgotten me? and why go I mourning, whilst my enemy afflicteth me?
11. Whilst my bones are broken, my enemies who trouble me have reproached me; Whilst they say to me day be day : Where is thy God?
12. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why dost thou disquiet me? Hope thou in God, for I will still give praise to him : the salvation of my countenance, and my God.