1. He then showed me the high priest Joshua, standing before the angel of Yahweh, with Satan standing on his right to accuse him.
2. The angel of Yahweh said to Satan, 'May Yahweh rebuke you, Satan! May Yahweh rebuke you, since he has made Jerusalem his choice. Is not this man a brand snatched from the fire?'
3. Now Joshua was dressed in dirty clothes as he stood before the angel.
4. The latter then spoke as follows to those who were standing before him, 'Take off his dirty clothesand dress him in splendid robes
5. and put a clean turban on his head.' So they put a clean turban on his head and dressed him in clean clothes, while the angel of Yahweh stood byand said, 'You see, I have taken your guilt away.'
6. The angel of Yahweh then made this declaration to Joshua,
7. 'Yahweh Sabaoth says this, "If you walk in my ways and keep my ordinances, you shall govern my house, you shall watch over my courts, and I will give you free access among those in attendance here.
8. 'So listen, High Priest Joshua, you and the colleagues over whom you preside -- for they are an omen of things to come -- for now I shall bring in my servant the Branch, and I shall remove this country's guilt in a single day.
9. For this is the stone which I have put before Joshua, a stone on which are seven eyes; and I myself shall cut the inscription on it -- Yahweh Sabaoth declares."
10. On that day -- Yahweh Sabaoth declares -- invite each other to come under your vine and your fig tree." '