1. Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
2. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband;
3. and I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling of God is with men. He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself will be with them;
4. he will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain any more, for the former things have passed away."
5. And he who sat upon the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Also he said, "Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true."
6. And he said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the fountain of the water of life without payment.
7. He who conquers shall have this heritage, and I will be his God and he shall be my son.
8. But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."
9. Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues, and spoke to me, saying, "Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb."
10. And in the Spirit he carried me away to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God,
11. having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.
12. It had a great, high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed;
13. on the east three gates, on the north three gates, on the south three gates, and on the west three gates.
14. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15. And he who talked to me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city and its gates and walls.
16. The city lies foursquare, its length the same as its breadth; and he measured the city with his rod, twelve thousand stadia; its length and breadth and height are equal.
17. He also measured its wall, a hundred and forty-four cubits by a man's measure, that is, an angel's.
18. The wall was built of jasper, while the city was pure gold, clear as glass.
19. The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with every jewel; the first was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald,
20. the fifth onyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst.
21. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each of the gates made of a single pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, transparent as glass.
22. And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.
23. And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine upon it, for the glory of God is its light, and its lamp is the Lamb.
24. By its light shall the nations walk; and the kings of the earth shall bring their glory into it,
25. and its gates shall never be shut by day -- and there shall be no night there;
26. they shall bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations.
27. But nothing unclean shall enter it, nor any one who practices abomination or falsehood, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.