1. <A Psalm of David, to bring to remembrance.> O LORD, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
2. For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore.
3. [There is] no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither [is there any] rest in my bones because of my sin.
4. For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
5. My wounds stink [and] are corrupt because of my foolishness.
6. I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.
7. For my loins are filled with a loathsome [disease]: and [there is] no soundness in my flesh.
8. I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.
9. Lord, all my desire [is] before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.
10. My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.
11. My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off.
12. They also that seek after my life lay snares [for me]: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long.
13. But I, as a deaf [man], heard not; and [I was] as a dumb man [that] openeth not his mouth.
14. Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth [are] no reproofs.
15. For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.
16. For I said, [Hear me], lest [otherwise] they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify [themselves] against me.
17. For I [am] ready to halt, and my sorrow [is] continually before me.
18. For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.
19. But mine enemies [are] lively, [and] they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.
20. They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow [the thing that] good [is].
21. Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.
22. Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.