1. <A Song [and] Psalm for the sons of Korah.> Great [is] the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, [in] the mountain of his holiness.
2. Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, [is] mount Zion, [on] the sides of the north, the city of the great King.
3. God is known in her palaces for a refuge.
4. For, lo, the kings were assembled, they passed by together.
5. They saw [it, and] so they marvelled; they were troubled, [and] hasted away.
6. Fear took hold upon them there, [and] pain, as of a woman in travail.
7. Thou breakest the ships of Tarshish with an east wind.
8. As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the LORD of hosts, in the city of our God: God will establish it for ever. Selah.
9. We have thought of thy lovingkindness, O God, in the midst of thy temple.
10. According to thy name, O God, so [is] thy praise unto the ends of the earth: thy right hand is full of righteousness.
11. Let mount Zion rejoice, let the daughters of Judah be glad, because of thy judgments.
12. Walk about Zion, and go round about her: tell the towers thereof.
13. Mark ye well her bulwarks, consider her palaces; that ye may tell [it] to the generation following.
14. For this God [is] our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide [even] unto death.