1. Judge me, God, defend my cause against a people who have no faithful love; from those who are treacherous and unjust, rescue me.
2. For you are the God of my strength; why abandon me? Why must I go around in mourning, harrassed by the enemy?
3. Send out your light and your truth; they shall be my guide, to lead me to your holy mountain to the place where you dwell.
4. Then I shall go to the altar of God, to the God of my joy. I will rejoice and praise you on the harp, O God, my God.
5. Why so downcast, why all these sighs? Hope in God! I will praise him still, my Saviour, my God.