1. [Prayer Of David] Listen to me, Yahweh, answer me, for I am poor and needy.
2. Guard me, for I am faithful, save your servant who relies on you. You are my God,
3. take pity on me, Lord, for to you I cry all the day.
4. Fill your servant's heart with joy, Lord, for to you I raise up my heart.
5. Lord, you are kind and forgiving, rich in faithful love for all who call upon you.
6. Yahweh, hear my prayer, listen to the sound of my pleading.
7. In my day of distress I call upon you, because you answer me, Lord;
8. among the gods there is none to compare with you, no great deeds to compare with yours.
9. All nations will come and adore you, Lord, and give glory to your name.
10. For you are great and do marvellous deeds, you, God, and none other.
11. Teach me, Yahweh, your ways, that I may not stray from your loyalty; let my heart's one aim be to fear your name.
12. I thank you with all my heart, Lord my God, I will glorify your name for ever,
13. for your faithful love for me is so great that you have rescued me from the depths of Sheol.
14. Arrogant men, God, are rising up against me, a brutal gang is after my life, in their scheme of things you have no place.
15. But you, Lord, God of tenderness and mercy, slow to anger, rich in faithful love and loyalty,
16. turn to me and pity me. Give to your servant your strength, to the child of your servant your saving help,
17. give me a sign of your kindness.
18. My enemies will see to their shame that you, Yahweh, help and console me.