1. I looked and saw in the firmament above the cherubim what appeared to be sapphire stone; something like a throne could be seen upon it.
2. He said to the man dressed in linen: Go within the wheelwork under the cherubim; fill both your hands with burning coals from among the cherubim, then scatter them over the city. As I looked on, he entered. The glory of the God of Israel had gone up from the cherubim, upon which it had been, to the threshold of the temple.
3. As the man entered, the cloud filled the inner court,
4. and the glory of the LORD rose from over the cherubim to the threshold of the temple; the temple was filled with the cloud, and all the court was bright with the glory of the LORD.
5. The noise of the wings of the cherubim could be heard as far as the outer court; it was like the voice of God the Almighty when he speaks.
6. When he had commanded the man dressed in linen to take fire from within the wheelwork, among the cherubim, the man entered and stood by one of the wheels.
7. Thereupon its cherub stretched out his hand toward the fire that was among the cherubim. He took up some of it and put it in the hands of the one dressed in linen, who took it and came out.
8. (Something like human hands could be seen under the wings of the cherubim.)
9. I also saw four wheels beside them, one wheel beside each cherub; the wheels appeared to have the luster of chrysolite stone.
10. All four of them seemed to be made the same, as though they were a wheel within a wheel.
11. When they moved, they went in any one of their four directions without veering as they moved; for in whichever direction they were faced, they went straight toward it without veering as they moved.
12. The rims of the four wheels were full of eyes all around.
13. I heard the wheels given the name "wheelwork."
14. Each had four faces: the first face was that of an ox, the second that of a man, the third that of a lion, and the fourth that of an eagle.
15. Such were the living creatures I had seen by the river Chebar.
16. When the cherubim moved, the wheels went beside them; when the cherubim lifted their wings to rise from the earth, even then the wheels did not leave their sides.
17. When they stood still, the wheels stood still; when they rose, the wheels rose with them; for the living creatures' spirit was in them.
18. Then the glory of the LORD left the threshold of the temple and rested upon the cherubim.
19. These lifted their wings, and I saw them rise from the earth, the wheels rising along with them. They stood at the entrance of the eastern gate of the LORD'S house, and the glory of the God of Israel was up above them.
20. these were the living creatures I had seen beneath the God of Israel by the river Chebar, whom I now recognized to be cherubim.
21. Each ohad four faces and four wings; something like human hands were under their wings.
22. Their faces looked just like those I had seen by the river Chebar; each one went straight forward.