1. For the leader. Of David. In the LORD I take refuge; how can you say to me, "Flee like a bird to the mountains!
2. See how the wicked string their bows, fit their arrows to the string to shoot from the shadows at the upright.
3. When foundations are being destroyed, what can the upright do?"
4. The LORD is in his holy temple; the LORD'S throne is in heaven. God's eyes keep careful watch; they test all peoples.
5. The LORD tests the good and the bad, hates those who love violence,
6. And rains upon the wicked fiery coals and brimstone, a scorching wind their allotted cup.
7. The LORD is just and loves just deeds; the upright shall see his face.