1. For the leader; according to "Lilies." A maskil of the Korahites. A love song.
2. My heart is stirred by a noble theme, as I sing my ode to the king. My tongue is the pen of a nimble scribe.
3. You are the most handsome of men; fair speech has graced your lips, for God has blessed you forever.
4. Gird your sword upon your hip, mighty warrior! In splendor and majesty ride on triumphant!
5. In the cause of truth and justice may your right hand show you wondrous deeds.
6. Your arrows are sharp; peoples will cower at your feet; the king's enemies will lose heart.
7. Your throne, O god, stands forever; your royal scepter is a scepter for justice.
8. You love justice and hate wrongdoing; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellow kings.
9. With myrrh, aloes, and cassia your robes are fragrant. From ivory-paneled palaces stringed instruments bring you joy.
10. Daughters of kings are your lovely wives; a princess arrayed in Ophir's gold comes to stand at your right hand.
11. Listen, my daughter, and understand; pay me careful heed. Forget your people and your father's house,
12. that the king might desire your beauty. He is your lord;
13. honor him, daughter of Tyre. Then the richest of the people will seek your favor with gifts.
14. All glorious is the king's daughter as she enters, her raiment threaded with gold;
15. In embroidered apparel she is led to the king. The maids of her train are presented to the king.
16. They are led in with glad and joyous acclaim; they enter the palace of the king.
17. The throne of your fathers your sons will have; you shall make them princes through all the land.
18. I will make your name renowned through all generations; thus nations shall praise you forever.