1. Cast your bread on the water for after a given time you will find it again.
2. Share with seven or even with eight for you never know what misfortune may strike the earth.
3. When clouds are heavy rain falls on the earth and when a tree falls facing south or north there in that place it will lie.
4. He who watches the wind will not sow and he who watches the clouds will not reap.
5. Just as you do not know how the spirit pervades the members in the mother's womb, neither will you understand the work of God, creator of all things.
6. Sow your seed in the morning and do not be idle until the evening for you don't know whether one or the other will succeed. What if both prove to be good?
7. Light is pleasant and it is good for the eyes to see the sun.
8. If a man lives for many years, let him rejoice in them all, thinking that dark days will be many and all that comes after will be meaningless.
9. Rejoice, young man, in your youth and direct well your heart when you are young; follow your desires and achieve your ambitions but recall that God will take account of all you do.
10. Drive sorrow from your heart and pain from your flesh, for youth and dark hair will not last.