1. The understanding of David himself. Blessed are they whose iniquities have been forgiven and whose sins have been covered.
2. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord has not imputed sin, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
3. Because I was silent, my bones grew old, while still I cried out all day long.
4. For, day and night, your hand was heavy upon me. I have been converted in my anguish, while still the thorn is piercing.
5. I have acknowledged my offense to you, and I have not concealed my injustice. I said, “I will confess against myself, my injustice to the Lord,” and you forgave the impiety of my sin.
6. For this, everyone who is holy will pray to you in due time. Yet truly, in a flood of many waters, they will not draw near to him.
7. You are my refuge from the tribulation that has surrounded me. You are my exultation: rescue me from those who are surrounding me.
8. I will give you understanding, and I will instruct you in this way, in which you will walk. I will fix my eyes upon you.
9. Do not become like the horse and the mule, which have no understanding. Their jaws are constrained with bit and bridle, so as not to draw near to you.
10. Many are the scourges of the sinner, but mercy will surround him that hopes in the Lord.
11. Rejoice in the Lord and exult, you just ones, and glory, all you upright of heart.