1. All wisdom comes from the Lord and endures with him forever.
2. The grains of sand, the drops of rain and the days of eternity, who can count them?
3. The height of heaven, the extent of the earth and the depths of the abyss, who can measure them?
4. Wisdom was created before all things and the prudent intellect before the beginning of time.
6. To whom was the source of Wisdom revealed? Who has known her secret designs?
8. One alone is wise and greatly to be feared. The One who is seated upon his throne.
9. The Lord himself created Wisdom. He looked on her and knew her value. He poured her out over all his works;
10. upon all mortal beings, in accordance with his goodness. He lavished her on those who love him.
11. The fear of the Lord is our glory and honor, it is joy and a triumphant crown.
12. The fear of the Lord gladdens the heart; it gives joy, gaiety and long life.
13. For the one who fears the Lord all will go well at the end of his life, and he will be blessed on the day of his death.
14. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; he put wisdom into the hearts of his faithful ones before their birth.
15. Founded from eternity she has made her home among men and she will remain faithful to their descendants.
16. The fear of the Lord is the fullness of wisdom. It will fill you with its fruits.
17. It will fill your whole house with desirable things. It will fill your houses with its riches.
18. The fear of the Lord is the crown of wisdom.
19. Wherever it is, peace and good health flourish; knowledge and prudence rain down. Wisdom exalts those who possess her.
20. The fear of the Lord is the root of wisdom. Its branches are long life.
22. Unjust violence cannot be justified, it will destroy itself by its own excesses.
23. The patient man will hold out until the appointed time; but finally joy will be given to him.
24. He will guard his words until the appointed time and in the end many will recognize his worth.
25. Proverbs rich in content are among wisdom's treasures but the sinner does not want to know about God.
26. Do you desire wisdom? Keep the commandments and the Lord will give her to you without measure;
27. for fear of the Lord is wisdom and learning; what pleases him is faithfulness and gentleness.
28. Do not put aside fear of the Lord; approach him with a sincere heart.
29. Do not be a hypocrite before men; watch well your words.
30. Do not praise yourself lest you fall and bring dishonor on yourself. For the Lord will reveal your secrets and throw you to one side in the midst of the assembly, if you have no fear of the Lord and your heart is full of deceit.