1. Hear ye this, O priests; and hearken, ye house of Israel; and give ye ear, O house of the king; for judgment [is] toward you, because ye have been a snare on Mizpah, and a net spread upon Tabor.
2. And the revolters are profound to make slaughter, though I [have been] a rebuker of them all.
3. I know Ephraim, and Israel is not hid from me: for now, O Ephraim, thou committest whoredom, [and] Israel is defiled.
4. They will not frame their doings to turn unto their God: for the spirit of whoredoms [is] in the midst of them, and they have not known the LORD.
5. And the pride of Israel doth testify to his face: therefore shall Israel and Ephraim fall in their iniquity; Judah also shall fall with them.
6. They shall go with their flocks and with their herds to seek the LORD; but they shall not find [him]; he hath withdrawn himself from them.
7. They have dealt treacherously against the LORD: for they have begotten strange children: now shall a month devour them with their portions.
8. Blow ye the cornet in Gibeah, [and] the trumpet in Ramah: cry aloud [at] Bethaven, after thee, O Benjamin.
9. Ephraim shall be desolate in the day of rebuke: among the tribes of Israel have I made known that which shall surely be.
10. The princes of Judah were like them that remove the bound: [therefore] I will pour out my wrath upon them like water.
11. Ephraim [is] oppressed [and] broken in judgment, because he willingly walked after the commandment.
12. Therefore [will] I [be] unto Ephraim as a moth, and to the house of Judah as rottenness.
13. When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah [saw] his wound, then went Ephraim to the Assyrian, and sent to king Jareb: yet could he not heal you, nor cure you of your wound.
14. For I [will be] unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, [even] I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue [him].
15. I will go [and] return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.