1. Moreover Job continued his parable, and said,
2. [As] God liveth, [who] hath taken away my judgment; and the Almighty, [who] hath vexed my soul;
3. All the while my breath [is] in me, and the spirit of God [is] in my nostrils;
4. My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit.
5. God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me.
6. My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach [me] so long as I live.
7. Let mine enemy be as the wicked, and he that riseth up against me as the unrighteous.
8. For what [is] the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul?
9. Will God hear his cry when trouble cometh upon him?
10. Will he delight himself in the Almighty? will he always call upon God?
11. I will teach you by the hand of God: [that] which [is] with the Almighty will I not conceal.
12. Behold, all ye yourselves have seen [it]; why then are ye thus altogether vain?
13. This [is] the portion of a wicked man with God, and the heritage of oppressors, [which] they shall receive of the Almighty.
14. If his children be multiplied, [it is] for the sword: and his offspring shall not be satisfied with bread.
15. Those that remain of him shall be buried in death: and his widows shall not weep.
16. Though he heap up silver as the dust, and prepare raiment as the clay;
17. He may prepare [it], but the just shall put [it] on, and the innocent shall divide the silver.
18. He buildeth his house as a moth, and as a booth [that] the keeper maketh.
19. The rich man shall lie down, but he shall not be gathered: he openeth his eyes, and he [is] not.
20. Terrors take hold on him as waters, a tempest stealeth him away in the night.
21. The east wind carrieth him away, and he departeth: and as a storm hurleth him out of his place.
22. For [God] shall cast upon him, and not spare: he would fain flee out of his hand.
23. [Men] shall clap their hands at him, and shall hiss him out of his place.