1. He, that being often reproved hardeneth [his] neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.
2. When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
3. Whoso loveth wisdom rejoiceth his father: but he that keepeth company with harlots spendeth [his] substance.
4. The king by judgment establisheth the land: but he that receiveth gifts overthroweth it.
5. A man that flattereth his neighbour spreadeth a net for his feet.
6. In the transgression of an evil man [there is] a snare: but the righteous doth sing and rejoice.
7. The righteous considereth the cause of the poor: [but] the wicked regardeth not to know [it].
8. Scornful men bring a city into a snare: but wise [men] turn away wrath.
9. [If] a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, [there is] no rest.
10. The bloodthirsty hate the upright: but the just seek his soul.
11. A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise [man] keepeth it in till afterwards.
12. If a ruler hearken to lies, all his servants [are] wicked.
13. The poor and the deceitful man meet together: the LORD lighteneth both their eyes.
14. The king that faithfully judgeth the poor, his throne shall be established for ever.
15. The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left [to himself] bringeth his mother to shame.
16. When the wicked are multiplied, transgression increaseth: but the righteous shall see their fall.
17. Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul.
18. Where [there is] no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy [is] he.
19. A servant will not be corrected by words: for though he understand he will not answer.
20. Seest thou a man [that is] hasty in his words? [there is] more hope of a fool than of him.
21. He that delicately bringeth up his servant from a child shall have him become [his] son at the length.
22. An angry man stirreth up strife, and a furious man aboundeth in transgression.
23. A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.
24. Whoso is partner with a thief hateth his own soul: he heareth cursing, and bewrayeth [it] not.
25. The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
26. Many seek the ruler's favour; but [every] man's judgment [cometh] from the LORD.
27. An unjust man [is] an abomination to the just: and [he that is] upright in the way [is] abomination to the wicked.