1. Now Mordecai took his rest in the courtyard with Gabatha and Tharra, the two eunuchs of the king who kept watch in the courtyard.
2. He overheard their conversation and inquired into their purposes, and learned that they were preparing to lay hands upon Artaxerxes the king; and he informed the king concerning them.
3. Then the king examined the two eunuchs, and when they confessed they were led to execution.
4. The king made a permanent record of these things, and Mordecai wrote an account of them.
5. And the king ordered Mordecai to serve in the court and rewarded him for these things.
6. But Haman, the son of Hammedatha, a Bougaean, was in great honor with the king, and he sought to injure Mordecai and his people because of the two eunuchs of the king.