0. To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David, the servant of the LORD.
1. Transgression speaks to the wicked deep in his heart; there is no fear of God before his eyes.
2. For he flatters himself in his own eyes that his iniquity cannot be found out and hated.
3. The words of his mouth are mischief and deceit; he has ceased to act wisely and do good.
4. He plots mischief while on his bed; he sets himself in a way that is not good; he spurns not evil.
5. Thy steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, thy faithfulness to the clouds.
6. Thy righteousness is like the mountains of God, thy judgments are like the great deep; man and beast thou savest, O LORD.
7. How precious is thy steadfast love, O God! The children of men take refuge in the shadow of thy wings.
8. They feast on the abundance of thy house, and thou givest them drink from the river of thy delights.
9. For with thee is the fountain of life; in thy light do we see light.
10. O continue thy steadfast love to those who know thee, and thy salvation to the upright of heart!
11. Let not the foot of arrogance come upon me, nor the hand of the wicked drive me away.
12. There the evildoers lie prostrate, they are thrust down, unable to rise.