1 Peter, 4
1. Therefore, since Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same attitude (for whoever suffers in the flesh has broken with sin),
2. so as not to spend what remains of one's life in the flesh on human desires, but on the will of God.
3. For the time that has passed is sufficient for doing what the Gentiles like to do: living in debauchery, evil desires, drunkenness, orgies, carousing, and wanton idolatry.
4. They are surprised that you do not plunge into the same swamp of profligacy, and they vilify you;
5. but they will give an account to him who stands ready to judge the living and the dead.
6. For this is why the gospel was preached even to the dead that, though condemned in the flesh in human estimation, they might live in the spirit in the estimation of God.
7. The end of all things is at hand. Therefore, be serious and sober for prayers.
8. Above all, let your love for one another be intense, because love covers a multitude of sins.
9. Be hospitable to one another without complaining.
10. As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God's varied grace.
11. Whoever preaches, let it be with the words of God; whoever serves, let it be with the strength that God supplies, so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
12. Beloved, do not be surprised that a trial by fire is occurring among you, as if something strange were happening to you.
13. But rejoice to the extent that you share in the sufferings of Christ, so that when his glory is revealed you may also rejoice exultantly.
14. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.
15. But let no one among you be made to suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as an intriguer.
16. But whoever is made to suffer as a Christian should not be ashamed but glorify God because of the name.
17. For it is time for the judgment to begin with the household of God; if it begins with us, how will it end for those who fail to obey the gospel of God?
18. "And if the righteous one is barely saved, where will the godless and the sinner appear?"
19. As a result, those who suffer in accord with God's will hand their souls over to a faithful creator as they do good.