2 Timothy, 3
1. Know also this, that, in the last days, shall come dangerous times.
2. Men shall be lovers of themselves, covetous, haughty, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, wicked,
3. Without affection, without peace, slanderers, incontinent, unmerciful, without kindness,
4. Traitors, stubborn, puffed up, and lovers of pleasures more than of God:
5. Having an appearance indeed of godliness, but denying the power thereof. Now these avoid.
6. For of these sort are they who creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, who are led away with divers desires:
7. Ever learning, and never attaining to the knowledge of the truth.
8. Now as Jannes and Mambres resisted Moses, so these also resist the truth, men corrupted in mind, reprobate concerning the faith.
9. But they shall proceed no farther; for their folly shall be manifest to all men, as theirs also was.
10. But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, patience,
11. Persecutions, afflictions: such as came upon me at Antioch, at Iconium, and at Lystra: what persecutions I endured, and out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12. And all that will live godly in Christ Jesus, shall suffer persecution.
13. But evil men and seducers shall grow worse and worse: erring, and driving into error.
14. But continue thou in those things which thou hast learned, and which have been committed to thee: knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15. And because from thy infancy thou hast known the holy scriptures, which can instruct thee to salvation, by the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16. All scripture, inspired of God, is profitable to teach, to reprove, to correct, to instruct in justice,
17. That the man of God may be perfect, furnished to every good work.