1. Now he was staying at that time in the king’s court with Bagatha and Thara the king’s eunuchs, who were porters of the palace.
2. And when he realized their thoughts, and had diligently paid close attention, he learned that they were attempting to cast their hand against king Artaxerxes, and he reported this to the king.
3. Then the king had both of them questioned, and when they confessed, he ordered a sentence of death.
4. But the king had what had happened written in the commentaries. And even Mordecai handed over the memory of these things into writing.
5. And the king instructed him to remain in the court of the palace, having given him this position for the information.
6. In truth, Haman the son of Hammedatha the Bougaean had great honor in the eyes of the king, and he wanted to harm Mordecai and his people because of the two eunuchs of the king who had been executed.