0. A Prayer of David.
1. Incline thy ear, O LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy.
2. Preserve my life, for I am godly; save thy servant who trusts in thee. Thou art my God;
3. be gracious to me, O Lord, for to thee do I cry all the day.
4. Gladden the soul of thy servant, for to thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
5. For thou, O Lord, art good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call on thee.
6. Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer; hearken to my cry of supplication.
7. In the day of my trouble I call on thee, for thou dost answer me.
8. There is none like thee among the gods, O Lord, nor are there any works like thine.
9. All the nations thou hast made shall come and bow down before thee, O Lord, and shall glorify thy name.
10. For thou art great and doest wondrous things, thou alone art God.
11. Teach me thy way, O LORD, that I may walk in thy truth; unite my heart to fear thy name.
12. I give thanks to thee, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify thy name for ever.
13. For great is thy steadfast love toward me; thou hast delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.
14. O God, insolent men have risen up against me; a band of ruthless men seek my life, and they do not set thee before them.
15. But thou, O Lord, art a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.
16. Turn to me and take pity on me; give thy strength to thy servant, and save the son of thy handmaid.
17. Show me a sign of thy favor, that those who hate me may see and be put to shame because thou, LORD, hast helped me and comforted me.