1. He who loves correction loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.
2. The good man wins favor from the LORD, but the schemer is condemned by him.
3. No man is built up by wickedness, but the root of the just will never be disturbed.
4. A worthy wife is the crown of her husband, but a disgraceful one is like rot in his bones.
5. The plans of the just are legitimate; the designs of the wicked are deceitful.
6. The words of the wicked are a deadly ambush, but the speech of the upright saves them.
7. The wicked are overthrown and are no more, but the house of the just stands firm.
8. According to his good sense a man is praised, but one with a warped mind is despised.
9. Better a lowly man who supports himself than one of assumed importance who lacks bread.
10. The just man takes care of his beast, but the heart of the wicked is merciless.
11. He who tills his own land has food in plenty, but he who follows idle pursuits is a fool.
12. The stronghold of evil men will be demolished, but the root of the just is enduring.
13. In the sin of his lips the evil man is ensnared, but the just comes free of trouble.
14. From the fruit of his words a man has his fill of good things, and the work of his hands comes back to reward him.
15. The way of the fool seems right in his own eyes, but he who listens to advice is wise.
16. The fool immediately shows his anger, but the shrewd man passes over an insult.
17. He tells the truth who states what he is sure of, but a lying witness speaks deceitfully.
18. The prating of some men is like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise is healing.
19. Truthful lips endure forever, the lying tongue, for only a moment.
20. Deceit is in the hands of those who plot evil, but those who counsel peace have joy.
21. No harm befalls the just, but the wicked are overwhelmed with misfortune.
22. Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD, but those who are truthful are his delight.
23. A shrewd man conceals his knowledge, but the hearts of fools gush forth folly.
24. The diligent hand will govern, but the slothful will be enslaved.
25. Anxiety in a man's heart depresses it, but a kindly word makes it glad.
26. The just man surpasses his neighbor, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
27. The slothful man catches not his prey, but the wealth of the diligent man is great.
28. In the path of justice there is life, but the abominable way leads to death.