1. Yahweh spoke to Moses and said,
2. "See, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah.
3. I have filled him with the spirit of God, with wisdom, understanding, skill, and ability for every kind of craft:
4. for the art of designing and working in gold and silver and bronze;
5. for cutting stones to be set, for carving in wood, for every kind of craft.
6. Here and now I give him a partner, Oholiab son of Ahisamach, one of the tribe of Dan; and to all the men that have skill I have given more, for them to carry out all that I have commanded you:
7. the Tent of Meeting; the ark of Statement and the mercy Seat that is on top of the ark,
8. and all the furniture of the Holy Tent; the table and its furnishings; the pure lampstand and all its accessories; the altar of incense;
9. the altar of burnt offering with all its furnishings; the basin with its stand;
10. the beautiful priestly vestments, that is, the sacred vestment of Aaron the priest and the vestments of his sons, for the priestly functions;
11. the anointing oil and the fragrant incense for the sanctuary. In this they are to do exactly as I have directed you."
12. Yahweh said to Moses,
13. "Speak to the people of Israel and say: 'You shall keep my sabbaths carefully, because the sabbath is a sign between myself and you from generation to generation to show that it is I, Yahweh, who have made you my own people.
14. You must keep the sabbath, then; it is to be held sacred by you. Whoever does not keep it, but works on that day, must be put to death.
15. Work is to be done for six days, but the seventh day must be a day of complete rest, consecrated to Yahweh. Whoever does any work on the sabbath day must be put to death.
16. The people of Israel are to keep the sabbath, observing it from generation to generation: this is a lasting covenant.
17. Between myself and the people of Israel the sabbath is a sign forever, since in six days Yahweh made the heavens and earth, but on the seventh day he rested and drew breath."
18. When Yahweh had finished speaking to Moses about all these things, he gave him the two slabs of the Statement, slabs of stone written with the finger of God.