2 Corinthians, 6
1. As his fellow-workers, we urge you not to let your acceptance of his grace come to nothing.
2. As he said, 'At the time of my favour I have answered you; on the day of salvation I have helped you'; well, now is the real time of favour, now the day of salvation is here.
3. We avoid putting obstacles in anyone's way, so that no blame may attach to our work of service;
4. but in everything we prove ourselves authentic servants of God; by resolute perseverance in times of hardships, difficulties and distress;
5. when we are flogged or sent to prison or mobbed; labouring, sleepless, starving;
6. in purity, in knowledge, in patience, in kindness; in the Holy Spirit, in a love free of affectation;
7. in the word of truth and in the power of God; by using the weapons of uprightness for attack and for defence:
8. in times of honour or disgrace, blame or praise; taken for impostors and yet we are genuine;
9. unknown and yet we are acknowledged; dying, and yet here we are, alive; scourged but not executed;
10. in pain yet always full of joy; poor and yet making many people rich; having nothing, and yet owning everything.
11. People of Corinth, we have spoken frankly and opened our heart to you.
12. Any distress you feel is not on our side; the distress is in your own selves.
13. In fair exchange -- I speak as though to children of mine -- you must open your hearts too.
14. Do not harness yourselves in an uneven team with unbelievers; how can uprightness and law-breaking be partners, or what can light and darkness have in common?
15. How can Christ come to an agreement with Beliar and what sharing can there be between a believer and an unbeliever?
16. The temple of God cannot compromise with false gods, and that is what we are -- the temple of the living God. We have God's word for it: I shall fix my home among them and live among them; I will be their God and they will be my people.
17. Get away from them, purify yourselves, says the Lord. Do not touch anything unclean, and then I shall welcome you.
18. I shall be father to you, and you will be sons and daughters to me, says the almighty Lord.