1. I beg you, dearly beloved, by the mercy of God, to give yourselves as a living and holy sacrifice pleasing to God: such is the worship of a rational being.
2. Don't let yourselves be shaped by the world where you live, but rather be transformed through the renewal of your mind. You must discern the will of God: what is good, what pleases, what is perfect.
3. The grace that God has given me allows me to tell each of you: be active, but not indiscreet. Let each one exercise wisely the gifts of faith granted by God.
4. See, the body is one, even if formed by many members, but not all of them with the same function.
5. The same with us; being many, we are one body in Christ, depending on one another.
6. Let each one of us, therefore, serve according to our different gifts. Are you a prophet? Then give the insights of faith.
7. Let the deacon fulfill his office; let the teacher teach,
8. the one who encourages, convince. You must, likewise, give with an open hand, preside with dedication, and be cheerful in your works of charity.
9. Let love be sincere. Hate what is evil and hold to whatever is good.
10. Love one another and be considerate. Outdo one another in mutual respect.
11. Be zealous in fulfilling your duties. Be fervent in the Spirit and serve God.
12. Have hope and be cheerful. Be patient in trials and pray constantly.
13. Share with other Christians in need. With those passing by, be ready to receive them.
14. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not wish evil on anyone.
15. Rejoice with those who are joyful, and weep with those who weep.
16. Live in peace with one another. Do not dream of extraordinary things; be humble and do not hold yourselves as wise.
17. Do not return evil for evil, but let everyone see your good will.
18. Do your best to live in peace with everybody.
19. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but let God be the one who punishes, as Scripture says: Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.
20. And it adds: If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him to drink; by doing this you will heap burning coals upon his head.
21. Do not let evil defeat you, but conquer evil with goodness.