1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
4. We have drunken our water for money; our wood is sold unto us.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
6. We have given the hand [to] the Egyptians, [and to] the Assyrians, to be satisfied with bread.
7. Our fathers have sinned, [and are] not; and we have borne their iniquities.
8. Servants have ruled over us: [there is] none that doth deliver [us] out of their hand.
9. We gat our bread with [the peril of] our lives because of the sword of the wilderness.
10. Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.
11. They ravished the women in Zion, [and] the maids in the cities of Judah.
12. Princes are hanged up by their hand: the faces of elders were not honoured.
13. They took the young men to grind, and the children fell under the wood.
14. The elders have ceased from the gate, the young men from their musick.
15. The joy of our heart is ceased; our dance is turned into mourning.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
17. For this our heart is faint; for these [things] our eyes are dim.
18. Because of the mountain of Zion, which is desolate, the foxes walk upon it.
19. Thou, O LORD, remainest for ever; thy throne from generation to generation.
20. Wherefore dost thou forget us for ever, [and] forsake us so long time?
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.
22. But thou hast utterly rejected us; thou art very wroth against us.