1. Again raising my eyes, I had a vision. There was a flying scroll.
2. The angel who was talking to me said, 'What do you see?' I replied, 'I see a flying scroll; it is twenty cubits long and ten cubits wide.'
3. He then said to me, 'This is God's curse sweeping across the face of the whole country; for, according to what it says on one side, every thief will be banished and, according to what it says on the other, everyone who commits perjury in my name will be banished from it.
4. I am going to release it -- Yahweh Sabaoth declares -- for it to enter the house of the thief and of anyone who commits perjury in my name, for it to settle deep within his house and consume it, timber, stone and all.'
5. The angel who was talking to me appeared and said to me, 'Raise your eyes, and see what this is, going along.'
6. I said, 'What is it?' He said, 'It is a bushel measure going along.' He went on, 'This is their guilt throughout the country.'
7. At this, a disc of lead was raised, and I saw a woman sitting inside the barrel.
8. He said, 'This is Wickedness.' And he rammed her back into the barrel and jammed its mouth shut with the mass of lead.
9. I raised my eyes, and there were two women appearing. The wind caught their wings -- they had wings like a stork's; they raised the barrel midway between earth and heaven.
10. I then said to the angel who was talking to me, 'Where are they taking the barrel?'
11. He replied, 'To build a temple for it in the land of Shinar and make a pedestal on which to put it.'