1. When the Sabbath was over, Mary of Magdala, Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought spices with which to go and anoint him.
2. And very early in the morning on the first day of the week they went to the tomb when the sun had risen.
3. They had been saying to one another, 'Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance to the tomb?'
4. But when they looked they saw that the stone -- which was very big -- had already been rolled back.
5. On entering the tomb they saw a young man in a white robe seated on the right-hand side, and they were struck with amazement.
6. But he said to them, 'There is no need to be so amazed. You are looking for Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified: he has risen, he is not here. See, here is the place where they laid him.
7. But you must go and tell his disciples and Peter, "He is going ahead of you to Galilee; that is where you will see him, just as he told you." '
8. And the women came out and ran away from the tomb because they were frightened out of their wits; and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid.
9. Having risen in the morning on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary of Magdala from whom he had cast out seven devils.
10. She then went to those who had been his companions, and who were mourning and in tears, and told them.
11. But they did not believe her when they heard her say that he was alive and that she had seen him.
12. After this, he showed himself under another form to two of them as they were on their way into the country.
13. These went back and told the others, who did not believe them either.
14. Lastly, he showed himself to the Eleven themselves while they were at table. He reproached them for their incredulity and obstinacy, because they had refused to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.
15. And he said to them, 'Go out to the whole world; proclaim the gospel to all creation.
16. Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned.
17. These are the signs that will be associated with believers: in my name they will cast out devils; they will have the gift of tongues;
18. they will pick up snakes in their hands and be unharmed should they drink deadly poison; they will lay their hands on the sick, who will recover.'
19. And so the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven; there at the right hand of God he took his place,
20. while they, going out, preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word by the signs that accompanied it.