1. Then God remembered Noah and all the animals and cattle that were with him in the ark. God made a wind blow over the earth and the waters subsided.
2. Then the fountains of the deep and the floodgates of the heavens were closed and the downpour from the heavens held back.
3. The waters receded from the earth and after one hundred and fifty days the waters had abated.
4. In the seventh month, in the seventeenth day of the month, the ark rested on Mount Ararat.
5. The waters continued to recede until the tenth month. On the first day of the tenth month the mountain tops could be seen.
6. At the end of the forty days Noah opened the window of the ark that he had built
7. and let the raven out. This went off and kept flying to and fro until the waters had dried up from the earth.
8. Then Noah let out the dove to see if the waters were receding from the earth.
9. But the dove could not find a place to set its foot and flew back to him in the ark for the waters still covered the surface of the whole earth. So Noah stretched out his hand, took hold of it and brought it back to himself in the ark.
10. He waited some more days and again sent the dove out from the ark.
11. This time the dove came back to him in the evening with a fresh olive branch in its beak. Then Noah knew the waters had receded from the earth.
12. He waited seven more days and let the dove loose, but it did not return to him any more.
13. In the year six hundred and one, in the first month, on the first day of the month, the waters dried up from the earth. Noah then removed the covering from the ark and looked out and saw that the surface of the earth was dry.
14. On the twenty-seventh day of the second month, the earth was dry.
15. Then God said to Noah,
16. "Come out of the ark, you and your wife, your sons and their wives with you.
17. Bring out with you all flesh, that is, all the animals who are with you, all things of flesh; birds, cattle and all that crawls on the earth. Let them abound on the earth, be fruitful and increase in number."
18. So Noah went out, with his sons, his wife and his sons' wives with him.
19. All the animals, all the birds, all that creeps on the earth, came out of the ark, one kind after another.
20. Noah built an altar to Yahweh and, taking some of all the clean animals and all the clean birds, he offered burnt offerings on it.
21. Yahweh smelled the pleasing aroma and said to himself: "Never again will I curse the earth because of man, even though his heart is set on evil from childhood; never again will I strike down every living creature as I have done.
22. As long as the earth lasts, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease to be."