2. I cry aloud to the Lord, in a loud voice I beseech the Lord.
3. Before him I pour out my sorrows, before him I lay bare my troubles
4. and my spirit grows faint. But you know my path. Along the way I walk they have hidden a trap for me.
5. Look to my right and see: no one recognizes me. I have lost all means of escape; no one wants to help me.
6. I cry to you, O Lord; I say, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living."
7. Listen to my groaning, for I am in deep despair. Rescue me from my pursuers, for they are too strong for me.
8. O, set me free from captivity, that I may praise your name! Then the righteous will gather about me when they see that you took care of me.