1. I lifted up mine eyes again, and looked, and behold a man with a measuring line in his hand.
2. Then said I, Whither goest thou? And he said unto me, To measure Jerusalem, to see what [is] the breadth thereof, and what [is] the length thereof.
3. And, behold, the angel that talked with me went forth, and another angel went out to meet him,
4. And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited [as] towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein:
5. For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.
6. Ho, ho, [come forth], and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.
7. Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest [with] the daughter of Babylon.
8. For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.
9. For, behold, I will shake mine hand upon them, and they shall be a spoil to their servants: and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me.
10. Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.
11. And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.
12. And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.
13. Be silent, O all flesh, before the LORD: for he is raised up out of his holy habitation.