1. A psalm of David. LORD, I call to you; come quickly to help me; listen to my plea when I call.
2. Let my prayer be incense before you; my uplifted hands an evening sacrifice.
3. Set a guard, LORD, before my mouth, a gatekeeper at my lips.
4. Do not let my heart incline to evil, or yield to any sin. I will never feast upon the fine food of evildoers.
5. Let the just strike me; that is kindness; let them rebuke me; that is oil for my head. All this I shall not refuse, but will pray despite these trials.
6. When their leaders are cast over the cliff, all will learn that my prayers were heard.
7. As when a farmer plows a field into broken clods, so their bones will be strewn at the mouth of Sheol.
8. My eyes are upon you, O GOD, my Lord; in you I take refuge; do not strip me of life.
9. Guard me from the trap they have set for me, from the snares of evildoers.
10. Into their own nets let all the wicked fall, while I make good my own escape.