1. For the leader. On stringed instruments. A maskil of David,
2. when the Ziphites came and said to Saul, "David is hiding among us."
3. O God, by your name save me. By your strength defend my cause.
4. O God, hear my prayer. Listen to the words of my mouth.
5. The arrogant have risen against me; the ruthless seek my life; they do not keep God before them. Selah
6. God is present as my helper; the Lord sustains my life.
7. Turn back the evil upon my foes; in your faithfulness, destroy them.
8. Then I will offer you generous sacrifice and praise your gracious name, LORD,
9. Because it has rescued me from every trouble, and my eyes look down on my foes.