1. A Psalm of David, before he was sealed. The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the protector of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?
2. Meanwhile, the guilty draw near to me, so as to eat my flesh. Those who trouble me, my enemies, have themselves been weakened and have fallen.
3. If entrenched armies were to stand together against me, my heart would not fear. If a battle were to rise up against me, I would have hope in this.
4. One thing I have asked of the Lord, this I will seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, so that I may behold the delight of the Lord, and may visit his temple.
5. For he has hidden me in his tabernacle. In the day of evils, he has protected me in the hidden place of his tabernacle.
6. He has exalted me upon the rock, and now he has exalted my head above my enemies. I have circled around and offered a sacrifice of loud exclamation in his tabernacle. I will sing, and I will compose a psalm, to the Lord.
7. Hear my voice, O Lord, with which I have cried out to you. Have mercy on me, and hear me.
8. My heart has spoken to you; my face has sought you. I yearn for your face, O Lord.
9. Do not turn your face away from me. In your wrath, do not turn aside from your servant. Be my helper. Do not abandon me, and do not despise me, O God, my Saviour.
10. For my father and my mother have left me behind, but the Lord has taken me up.
11. O Lord, establish a law for me in your way, and direct me in the right path, because of my enemies.
12. Do not surrender me to the souls of those who trouble me. For unjust witnesses have risen up against me, and iniquity has lied to itself.
13. I believe that I shall see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living.
14. Wait for the Lord, act manfully; and let your heart be strengthened, and remain with the Lord.