1. Moreover Eliu spoke these words :
2. Doth thy thought seem right to thee, that thou shouldst say : I am more just than God?
3. For thou saidst : That which is right doth not please thee : or what will it profit thee if I sin?
4. Therefore I will answer thy words, and thy friends with thee.
5. Look up to heaven and see, and behold the sky, that it is higher than thee.
6. If thou sin, what shalt thou hurt him? and if thy iniquities be multiplied, what shalt thou do against him?
7. And if thou do justly, what shalt thou give him, or what shall he receive of thy hand?
8. Thy wickedness may hurt a man that is like thee : and thy justice may help the son of man.
9. By reason of the multitude of oppressions they shall cry out : and shall wail for the violence of the arm of tyrants.
10. And he hath not said : Where is God, who made me, who hath given songs in the night?
11. Who teacheth us more than the beasts of the earth, and instructeth us more than the fowls of the air.
12. There shall they cry, and he will not hear, because of the pride of evil men.
13. God therefore will not hear in vain, and the Almighty will look into the causes of every one.
14. Yea when thou shalt say : He considereth not : be judged before him, and expect him.
15. For he doth not now bring on his fury, neither doth he revenge wickedness exceedingly.
16. Therefore Job openeth his mouth in vain, and multiplieth words without knowledge.