1. After this Tobias went on his way, praising God because he had made his journey a success. And he blessed Raguel and his wife Edna. So he continued on his way until they came near to Nineveh.
2. Then Raphael said to Tobias, "Are you not aware, brother, of how you left your father?
3. Let us run ahead of your wife and prepare the house.
4. And take the gall of the fish with you." So they went their way, and the dog went along behind them.
5. Now Anna sat looking intently down the road for her son.
6. And she caught sight of him coming, and said to his father, "Behold, your son is coming, and so is the man who went with him!"
7. Raphael said, "I know, Tobias, that your father will open his eyes.
8. You therefore must anoint his eyes with the gall; and when they smart he will rub them, and will cause the white films to fall away, and he will see you."
9. Then Anna ran to meet them, and embraced her son, and said to him, "I have seen you, my child; now I am ready to die." And they both wept.
10. Tobit started toward the door, and stumbled. But his son ran to him
11. and took hold of his father, and he sprinkled the gall upon his father's eyes, saying, "Be of good cheer, father."
12. And when his eyes began to smart he rubbed them,
13. and the white films scaled off from the corners of his eyes.
14. Then he saw his son and embraced him, and he wept and said, "Blessed art thou, O God, and blessed is thy name for ever, and blessed are all thy holy angels.
15. For thou hast afflicted me, but thou hast had mercy upon me; here I see my son Tobias!" And his son went in rejoicing, and he reported to his father the great things that had happened to him in Media.
16. Then Tobit went out to meet his daughter-in-law at the gate of Nineveh, rejoicing and praising God. Those who saw him as he went were amazed because he could see.
17. And Tobit gave thanks before them that God had been merciful to him. When Tobit came near to Sarah his daughter-in-law, he blessed her, saying, "Welcome, daughter! Blessed is God who has brought you to us, and blessed are your father and your mother." So there was rejoicing among all his brethren in Nineveh.
18. Ahikar and his nephew Nadab came,
19. and Tobias' marriage was celebrated for seven days with great festivity.